You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to not share devices in find my

When using family share, it shares the location of your devices as well as location. Location is fine. How can you turn off the location of all your devices? It lists all devices

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 9, 2023 6:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2023 5:51 AM

I don't know if this is what you need;

Find people and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

Change your sharing device

To change the device that you're sharing your location from, open Find My on the device from which you want to share. Select the Me tab, then choose Use this [device] as My Location.

You could, of course, disable location services on devices you do not wish to be found but that would disable it for everything.

You can see if this support article provides what you want About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS - Apple Support

I think the problem may be it is all or nothing. You can turn off features such as Find My, but then if you lose the phone you won't be able to find it.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 10, 2023 5:51 AM in response to V2100

I don't know if this is what you need;

Find people and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

Change your sharing device

To change the device that you're sharing your location from, open Find My on the device from which you want to share. Select the Me tab, then choose Use this [device] as My Location.

You could, of course, disable location services on devices you do not wish to be found but that would disable it for everything.

You can see if this support article provides what you want About privacy and Location Services in iOS and iPadOS - Apple Support

I think the problem may be it is all or nothing. You can turn off features such as Find My, but then if you lose the phone you won't be able to find it.

How to not share devices in find my

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.