You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri

I am using iphone X and the problem is that my siri doesn’t work when I turn on listen for hey siri then i say what she’s asking but it doesn’t listen to me at all i had done everything but it still not works even though microphone is also working.

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 5:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 5:37 AM

It may help to retrain Siri to recognize your voice. Please try the steps below then let us know if it helps.

How to retrain Siri

• Open Settings on your iPhone.
  • Scroll down and select “Siri & Search.”
  • Look for the toggle switch for “Hey Siri” and turn it off. Wait 10 seconds.
  • Turn it back on again.

Your iPhone will ask you to train Siri to recognize your voice. Tap continue and follow the prompts, speaking slowly and distinctly.

One final note, to make sure Siri hears you when you say, “Hey Siri,” open Settings > Siri & Search and make sure that Listen for Hey Siri is set to On. You can also select Press Side Button for Siri if you prefer to get her attention that way.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2023 5:37 AM in response to khaleeq36

It may help to retrain Siri to recognize your voice. Please try the steps below then let us know if it helps.

How to retrain Siri

• Open Settings on your iPhone.
  • Scroll down and select “Siri & Search.”
  • Look for the toggle switch for “Hey Siri” and turn it off. Wait 10 seconds.
  • Turn it back on again.

Your iPhone will ask you to train Siri to recognize your voice. Tap continue and follow the prompts, speaking slowly and distinctly.

One final note, to make sure Siri hears you when you say, “Hey Siri,” open Settings > Siri & Search and make sure that Listen for Hey Siri is set to On. You can also select Press Side Button for Siri if you prefer to get her attention that way.

Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.