You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud account

Hi I’m a bit of a newbie to Apple and clueless to lol but I have a iphone14 pro and also had a iPad that I recently sold before I sold it I did the erase all settings and content and removed the iPad from my appleid but today I signed into my iCloud account and realised the iPad was still on along side my iPhone 14pro as one of the devices what I was wondering was if the person I sold the iPad to would end up seeing my pictures and info or not

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 7:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2023 10:23 AM

Your iCloud will only connect to devices that are actively signed in with your ID. If you erased the device properly and you removed your ID from it before giving to the other user then you are okay. However, since you say it is still on your device list then that suggests that it is still signed into your ID and there may be reason for concern. In addition, the other user will find they cannot sign in on the iPad with their ID until you sign out and you have to do that. Read the link I provided about selling devices and links in that article which tell you how to do that even if you do not still have the device.

It all hinges on if you properly erased it and signed out of it. You say you did but then you provide information to the contrary.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 11, 2023 10:23 AM in response to scottyai

Your iCloud will only connect to devices that are actively signed in with your ID. If you erased the device properly and you removed your ID from it before giving to the other user then you are okay. However, since you say it is still on your device list then that suggests that it is still signed into your ID and there may be reason for concern. In addition, the other user will find they cannot sign in on the iPad with their ID until you sign out and you have to do that. Read the link I provided about selling devices and links in that article which tell you how to do that even if you do not still have the device.

It all hinges on if you properly erased it and signed out of it. You say you did but then you provide information to the contrary.

Feb 11, 2023 7:20 AM in response to scottyai

See the support article Check your Apple ID device list to find where you're signed in - Apple Support

then at the bottom: "Permanently remove a device from your account page"

If you're still signed in with your Apple ID on the device, it might reappear on your account page the next time your device connects to the Internet. To permanently remove the device from your account page, sign out of iCloud, iTunes & App Stores, iMessage, FaceTime, and Game Center on that device, or erase that device.

Feb 11, 2023 7:34 AM in response to Limnos

Hi it was just because I wasn’t sure when the iPad was still showing up as on my iCloud account and when the person bought it from me they were using there own applied so what I was wondering was because it was still showing up in my iCloud account and when they settled up the iPad with there appleid would my pictures and info still be seen on the iPad they now have

Feb 11, 2023 8:02 AM in response to scottyai

If you did not erase the device properly and there were still files on it, and if they elected to add existing files to their iCloud when setting up the phone, then yes, your files could have been on it. A lot of "ifs". If it was erased beforehand and they set it up under their ID then it doesn't have your ID on it so there's no access to your iCloud.

Feb 11, 2023 8:33 AM in response to Limnos

I deleted everything off of it then completely reset the whole device but what I’m trying to ask is maybe a silly question but I’m a bit clueless lol the question is they’ll be using there own appleid once they set the iPad up but what I was wondering was if my iCloud account would still backup to the iPad with photos and info even when I resettled it and they’ve signed in with there appleid

iCloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.