You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disable Safari Media Keys

Hej,

I switched to a fresh installation of MacOS and thought it would be a good Idea to try Safari (Instead of Firefox/Chrome) again.

Joyfully listening music, I joined a Google Meet in Safari. Of cause it would be nice to stop the music when in a meeting - so I pressed Pause on my Keyboard. What stopped now was the Video in the Google Meet session, but the Music was still running.

Who thought it would be a "useful" Idea to control the focused App using MediaKeys? Or even the Browser at all?

Firefox/Chrome and derivates allow to disable the Media Key Support. Where can I disable it in Safari?

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 1:44 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 1:18 AM

just did. Very sad that _that_ is the reason I have to leave safari behind. Performance wise it was a very good experience, but that "feature" annoys/angers me a lot.

Similar questions

2 replies

disable Safari Media Keys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.