You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I take a screenshot using an iPad

How do I take a screenshot using an iPad?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 7:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 9:08 AM

By far the easiest method to trigger and save a screenshot is to set-up and use the corner-swipe gesture.

• Open the Settings app on your iPad
  • Go to the General menu and then choose the Gestures option
  • Make sure “Allow Finger to Swipe From Corner” is enabled
  • Choose the action you want (Screenshot) when swiping from either (or both) the left and right corners

Now that you have enabled the corner swipe, you can easily capture a screenshot with just your finger (or Apple Pencil). Just swipe diagonally from the lower-left or lower-right corner of the screen towards the centre; this will immediately trigger the screenshot.

The other ways to trigger a screenshot from an iPad are described here:

Take a screenshot on your iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 14, 2023 9:08 AM in response to anniebwell

By far the easiest method to trigger and save a screenshot is to set-up and use the corner-swipe gesture.

• Open the Settings app on your iPad
  • Go to the General menu and then choose the Gestures option
  • Make sure “Allow Finger to Swipe From Corner” is enabled
  • Choose the action you want (Screenshot) when swiping from either (or both) the left and right corners

Now that you have enabled the corner swipe, you can easily capture a screenshot with just your finger (or Apple Pencil). Just swipe diagonally from the lower-left or lower-right corner of the screen towards the centre; this will immediately trigger the screenshot.

The other ways to trigger a screenshot from an iPad are described here:

Take a screenshot on your iPad - Apple Support

How do I take a screenshot using an iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.