You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scanning into notes, no camera icon

I needed to scan some documents so I could email, but in Notes on both my iphone and my iPad, there was no camera icon. Don’t know how that happened. But I found some advice on this forum to try to hard stop the Notes app, and when that didn’t work for me, to remove the app and reinstall. I got a message that uninstalling the app would lose my locally store notes but my cloud stored notes folders would be still accessible. I have notes on iCloud, gmail, and my Charter mail folder. I didn’t know how I could save my local notes, but there weren’t that many, so I deleted the app and reinstalled. Well, I lost all my notes on the iPad, and only the iCloud folder came back and it’s empty. But my phone still shows my notes in iCloud and the other folders.

How can I get my iPad connected again correctly to my notes on iCloud? How do I reconnect the other folders?

I’ll need to get scanning working again on my iPhone, currently no camera icon showing, but I want to be sure not to lose the docs notes in these cloud folders.

iPad Air 5 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 11:01 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 1:03 PM

Check if this helps -> How to scan documents on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch

How to scan documents on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support (UK)

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 15, 2023 9:27 AM in response to ph2738

Thank you. That link is the basic way to scan documents. That is what I do when I can find the camera icon.

The issue now is how to I reconnect to iCloud and other cloud folders. My iPad shows 0 items in my iCloud folder, while my phone shows 140 notes. My phone is also connected to Gmail, and Charter folders that my iPad does not show.

Scanning into notes, no camera icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.