You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification are on silent. Focus mode bug

Is anyone else having this issue. People are telling me that my notifications have been silenced when trying to text me. I have never turned on the focus mode on my iPhone or any of my Apple devices. I have made sure they are turned off and I have restarted all my devices. This is very annoying and I need Apple to fix this problem ASAP.

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 3:35 AM

4 replies

Feb 16, 2023 8:52 AM in response to KGC1984

Hi KGC1984,

Thanks for contacting Apple Support Communities!

We understand that your contacts are seeing an alert that your Messages are silenced, correct?

If you don't have Focus enabled, you can check that your messages aren't silenced. You can open Messages and view the list of Messages. If you swipe left on one of the messages, you can see if the message was silenced or not as outlined here: Use Messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

"Turn on Hide Alerts

1. Open Messages.
  2. Swipe left over the conversation that you want to mute.
  3. Tap the Alerts button .

When Hide Alerts is on, the Alerts button  appears next to the conversation. This stops notifications only for that conversation, not your device. You’ll still receive all other messages and see notifications for them on your Lock Screen."

We hope this helps you.

Take care!

Feb 17, 2023 7:27 AM in response to KGC1984

KGC1984,

Thanks for providing us with the photo. We see exactly what you mean and we'd like to provide you with a few steps that may help to resolve this issue:

1. Restart your iPhone. This may seem like a simple step to take but can often resolve several issues.
  2. Update your iPhone. Completing this step ensures that your device has the latest fixes. (Secure your data with a backup)

If the issue persist, we suggest that you reach out to Apple directly concerning this issue. They will be able to assist you further. You can follow this link to connect with them: Get Support

Best wishes!

Notification are on silent. Focus mode bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.