You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No double-sided printing option?

Hello.

I'm trying to print out a document double-sided on Preview, using a printer that is capable of performing such task. However, I cannot seem to find the double-sided printing option. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Yusuke

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 5:28 AM

1 reply

Feb 16, 2023 10:18 AM in response to rakisuta_jp

Hello rakisuta_jp,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We want to help you print on both sides. If your printer is capable, you should see the setting in your print options. See here:

"Print double-sided pages with your Mac

You can print a document with double-sided pages if your printer is capable of printing to the front and back of a page.

Note: The following options might not be available for your printer or app. If these instructions differ from what you see onscreen, refer to the documentation that came with the app or printer you’re using.

1. With a document open on your Mac, choose File > Print.
  2. Choose on or off from the Double-sided pop-up menu.
  3. You can also choose On (Short Edge) to set the document to print set up for binding at the top of the page.
  4. Click Print."

This Apple Support page has the full details: Print double-sided pages with your Mac - Apple Support

You might want to reach out to the printer maker to see if there is any additional software to ensure the printer is working as expected.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

No double-sided printing option?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.