You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieval of deleted mail

Is there any way to retrieve email that were in my trash? On approximate Jan 27 I went in and deleted everything due to me getting a new phone. There is a message of a confirmation number I need to retrieve from early January

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 2:45 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 2:55 PM

Email is not managed on your iPhone or by Apple; it is managed by your email provider. Generally, when you delete mail from trash it is gone forever. Your email provider may maintain archives; you would have to ask them. If your email account is with Apple (iCloud, .mac, .me) you may be able to recover it. See→Use iCloud.com to restore and recover iCloud information - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2023 2:55 PM in response to DonnaSchmitt

Email is not managed on your iPhone or by Apple; it is managed by your email provider. Generally, when you delete mail from trash it is gone forever. Your email provider may maintain archives; you would have to ask them. If your email account is with Apple (iCloud, .mac, .me) you may be able to recover it. See→Use iCloud.com to restore and recover iCloud information - Apple Support

Feb 15, 2023 2:54 PM in response to DonnaSchmitt

When you delete an email, it goes into the Trash. It will stay there according to the rules that you set up with your email service. It might stay there for 7 days, 14 days, etc or forever depending on the options that you chose when you set up email.

Now, if you are saying that you deleted the mail that was in the Trash, that is a permanent delete.

However, some email providers have a website where you can view email over the last 30-60 days even though it might have been deleted from the phone.

Check with your email service provider to see if they might have any services like this.

Retrieval of deleted mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.