You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare+ eligibility if never-before registered

If I buy a Macbook Pro from a 3rd party that is still brand new and never registered, can I still buy AppleCare if it is more than 60 days past the actual purchase date?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 9:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 9:29 PM

gregduda Said:

"AppleCare+ eligibility if never-before registered: If I buy a Macbook Pro from a 3rd party that is still brand new and never registered, can I still buy AppleCare if it is more than 60 days past the actual purchase date?"

-------

Getting AppleCare on a Third-Party Device:

A. Purchasing AppleCare After 60 Days:

No. AppleCare can only be registered within 60 days of purchase. A, on top of that, note purchasing AppleCare is only an option in the country in which the item was purchased. So, I'd say get this from Apple.

B. Avoid being Scammed:

When purchasing from private party, have the seller go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support. That is the site the seller needs to use prior to selling it to you. So, prior to handing over the money, make sure that you can sign in to iCloud on this account, prior to handing over the money. If the seller decides to disabide by those rules you've set forth, then do NOT proceed with the transaction.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 15, 2023 9:29 PM in response to gregduda

gregduda Said:

"AppleCare+ eligibility if never-before registered: If I buy a Macbook Pro from a 3rd party that is still brand new and never registered, can I still buy AppleCare if it is more than 60 days past the actual purchase date?"

-------

Getting AppleCare on a Third-Party Device:

A. Purchasing AppleCare After 60 Days:

No. AppleCare can only be registered within 60 days of purchase. A, on top of that, note purchasing AppleCare is only an option in the country in which the item was purchased. So, I'd say get this from Apple.

B. Avoid being Scammed:

When purchasing from private party, have the seller go here: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Mac - Apple Support. That is the site the seller needs to use prior to selling it to you. So, prior to handing over the money, make sure that you can sign in to iCloud on this account, prior to handing over the money. If the seller decides to disabide by those rules you've set forth, then do NOT proceed with the transaction.

AppleCare+ eligibility if never-before registered

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.