You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loss of email on several Apple devices

About 12.31.2022, an email account was blocked (one of several). This is used in a group to be shared. To repair, I was able to re-enter the recorded password on one account (iPad) but when I did it for iPhone, provider deleted the account entirely (ENTIRELY). It took some time to recover with their help. I am still out on one device (iPhone). Provider did not state that they had deleted or corrupted our account password.

That did not happen to Windows machines (proof).

Attempt to re-enter password is not accepted by provider.

What happened to all of our Apple devices?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 11:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 6:07 PM

Thank you for the reply tlfmd. We want to clarify something you just advised. You mention deleting the account from "the Outlook app". Are you stating that you use the Outlook app for this email account and not the Apple Mail app?

If so, to further narrow down if the issue is app-specific or your overall iOS, we'd recommend trying to add that account through our steps with Mail.

Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you can add the account to use through the Mail app, the issue would be specific to the Outlook app. We'd recommend contacting their app developer from that point if you wish to continuing using their app for your email account.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Take care.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 18, 2023 6:07 PM in response to tlfmd

Thank you for the reply tlfmd. We want to clarify something you just advised. You mention deleting the account from "the Outlook app". Are you stating that you use the Outlook app for this email account and not the Apple Mail app?

If so, to further narrow down if the issue is app-specific or your overall iOS, we'd recommend trying to add that account through our steps with Mail.

If you can add the account to use through the Mail app, the issue would be specific to the Outlook app. We'd recommend contacting their app developer from that point if you wish to continuing using their app for your email account.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Take care.

Feb 18, 2023 11:22 AM in response to tlfmd

Hi tlfmd,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you're unable to use an email account that was removed by your email service provider and you need to add it back.

"How to set up your email account automatically

If you use an email provider like iCloud, Google, or Yahoo, Mail can automatically set up your email account with just your email address and password. Here's how:

1. Go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.
  2. iPhone showing how to set up email account automatically
  3. Tap Add Account, then select your email provider.
  4. Enter your email address and password.
  5. If you see Next, tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
  6. If you see Save, tap Save.

If you don't see your email provider, tap Other to add your account manually."

Regards.

Feb 18, 2023 11:56 AM in response to tlfmd

This is a shared account for family issues

My wife uses it regularly and was recovered with this issue in January with contact with provider

I cannot get in. I've deleted it from the outlook app and then after clearing any apps running and a restart, I am denied.

"Password not correct". I have it recorded and can enter what I've got but no.

Feb 19, 2023 5:44 PM in response to Soosie_J215

Clarity: The Apple icon app accesses the email account provided by the local internet provider. Using iPad, iPhone.

Remember: we fixed the access via my wife's Apple devices, but I am out. I did try deleting the app on her device and immediately lost the email account on the local provider. It took a lot of calling.

I follow all the paths including deleting and re-installing. I am out.

This appears to have happened near 12.30.2022

Loss of email on several Apple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.