You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

im getting on my mobile numer apple id code again and again im not doing anything WHy im getting this code

Hi.

I'm getting apple id code on my mobile number again and again is someone trying to reset my password or what please tell me the solution can i check from which location someone trying to sign in my id please let me know as soon as possible. Thankyou

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 12:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 1:40 PM

Yes, there is nothing to worry about.

Rehanaslam93 wrote:

is it possible that some one trying to sign in my id and im getting code for two factor authorisaton? no i also changed my trusted my number from id

Possible, yes. Likely, no. You can verify this by changing your Trusted phone number to something other than your own phone number by following the steps here: ➜ Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Or it its set to something else, already, then its confirmed nobody is trying to access you account.

Also, it highly recommended that you don't use your own number as a trusted phone number to get 2 Factor Authentication codes. It's suggested you use a different number, that can receive voice calls or SMS messages and that you have access to when you don't have access to your iPhone.

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 16, 2023 1:40 PM in response to Rehanaslam93

Yes, there is nothing to worry about.

Rehanaslam93 wrote:

is it possible that some one trying to sign in my id and im getting code for two factor authorisaton? no i also changed my trusted my number from id

Possible, yes. Likely, no. You can verify this by changing your Trusted phone number to something other than your own phone number by following the steps here: ➜ Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

Or it its set to something else, already, then its confirmed nobody is trying to access you account.

Also, it highly recommended that you don't use your own number as a trusted phone number to get 2 Factor Authentication codes. It's suggested you use a different number, that can receive voice calls or SMS messages and that you have access to when you don't have access to your iPhone.

Feb 16, 2023 1:09 PM in response to Rehanaslam93

Nope. Nobody is trying to reset your password.

Somebody however is trying to access their own account, and has set your number as trusted number to get their 2 factor authentication codes. They are then requesting a code, and it gets sent to you. Think of friends or relatives who you trust and they trust you to set your number as their trusted number for 2 Factor Authentication.

Other than figuring out who, might have used your number as a trusted number and give them code you are receiving so they may access their own account, there's not much you can do from your side.

im getting on my mobile numer apple id code again and again im not doing anything WHy im getting this code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.