You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage voice notes muffled

i can’t send any voice notes on iMessage because they are so muffled that recipients can’t hear this. I have tested all my microphones, I have disabled raise to listen, I have cleaned out my microphones I don’t know what else to try? I have an iPhone X. Also this is ONLY on iMessage! Whataap messenger etc all working fine.

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 11:16 AM

5 replies

Feb 19, 2023 8:53 AM in response to Aimzo-x

Let's check ensure you don't have sound recognitions enabled. The sound recognition feature stops you from recording or sending voice messages. Therefore, you need to turn it off in order to send voice messages.

Control Center > Select and hold the microphone or vertical lines to disable this feature ,if that doesn’t help try to turn off the iMessage and restart your iPhone and turn it on , if you still can’t send voice message Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

iMessage voice notes muffled

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.