You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to gray Pages

Pages is too bright and hard on my eyes but I can't see how to gray the page, only the side bar.

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 10:47 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 2:59 PM

You cannot alter the default page background color in Pages unless you choose a blank black template provided in the Template chooser while in word processing mode. Alternatively, if in Page Layout mode, you can start with a white background template and set the background color to your choosing including light gray.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 20, 2023 2:59 PM in response to jhudgina

You cannot alter the default page background color in Pages unless you choose a blank black template provided in the Template chooser while in word processing mode. Alternatively, if in Page Layout mode, you can start with a white background template and set the background color to your choosing including light gray.

Feb 20, 2023 5:48 PM in response to jhudgina

The F1 and F2 keys in the top row of your keyboard can be tapped to dim (F1) or brighten (F2) the screen background, including the too bright page background in Pages.

This would be useful if your purpose is to have a greyer page background for your 'live' screens while working on the document or reading it, but would have no effect on screen shots (which is why I haven't posted the before and after shots), and would have no effect (I suspect) on Saved versions of the file.

Regards,

Barry

how to gray Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.