You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete my CHILDS search history, while we have Family Sharing?

How do I delete my CHILDS search history, while we have Family Sharing enabled? This is RIDICULOUS and should NOT be this difficult to find out how to do!

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 1:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 8:37 PM

I understand that, however I still cannot figure out how to do it. It is greyed out. I have tried to log on as the organizer/manager on his iPad but still cannot see how to delete this history.

3 replies

Feb 21, 2023 9:01 AM in response to Jnidea

There's nothing to log in to on an iPad. Not sure what you did. If you have Screen Time restrictions in place it would disable such options as deleting the history and website data from Safari. You need to go into Screen Time and turn off the restrictions, so you can access the "Clear History and Website Data" option.

For instance, if you have set Website restrictions in Screen Time ➜ Content & Privacy Restrictions ➜ Content Restrictions ➜ Web Content set to anything other than Unrestricted, the option to Clear History and Website Data, will be grayed out.

You need to identify what you have turned on in Screen Time that is preventing you from doing this. Only you know what options you have enabled there.

How do I delete my CHILDS search history, while we have Family Sharing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.