You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find a phone number quickly on the list with thousands of numbers?

The Apple KB explains how to add a phone number to blocked list. I have since over a good thousand of numbers on this list. Now, the list is not well designed - no sort and no filter. How do I pinpoint a number on the block list quickly?

iPhone X

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 3:10 PM

6 replies

Feb 21, 2023 5:36 PM in response to red_storm

red_storm Said:

"How do I find a phone number quickly on the list with thousands of numbers?: Can you elaborate please how can computer be better than iPhone in terms of searching blocked contacts?"

-------

Deleting Contacts Through iCloud:

Find Prior Callers:

You could also view the Call History (such is stored in your iCloud Backup). If something looks suspicious, then block that caller. Go here: View and delete the call history on your iPhone – Apple Support (AU)

NOTE: Call History only store up to 100 calls.

Feb 21, 2023 5:36 PM in response to red_storm

red_storm Said:

"How do I find a phone number quickly on the list with thousands of numbers?: Can you elaborate please how can computer be better than iPhone in terms of searching blocked contacts?"

-------

Deleting Contacts Through iCloud:

Enable Contacts in iCloud:

You can enable Contacts in iCloud on your iPhone and your Mac simultaneously. Those items in iCloud on your other devices. All would be accessible from within. As an example, here is how to recover Contacts...

Enable Contacts in iCloud Settings:

A. Enable Contacts On an iOS Device:

Enable Contacts in iCloud:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: your name (top item)
  3. Tap: iCloud
  4. Tap: Contacts (so that it is green)

and...

B. Enable Contacts on a Mac:

Is Contacts enabled in Apple ID on your Mac? If not, enable it.

1. Go to: System Preferences
  2. Click: Apple ID
  3. Enable: Contacts

How do I find a phone number quickly on the list with thousands of numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.