You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 2019 not showing full resolution with two Dell S2721DS Monitors with Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TB

I have a Macbook Pro 2019 with 2.6 GHz i7 running Ventura 13.2 and two Dell S2721DS monitors connected via Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TB.

I am using two HDMI cables to hook the monitors to the dock.

The monitors support a maximum resolution of 2560 X 1440 which is QHD however, only one monitor is running this resolution. The second monitor can only go up to 2048 X 1152 and no higher resolution is available in the display settings.

Do I need to use DisplayPort cables to fix this or Mac won't be able to handle it anyways in which case I could save $ being wasted on DP Cables?

By the way, my Dell Precision 5750 is able to run both monitors at full resolution.

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 8:41 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 9:30 AM

<< By the way, my Dell Precision 5750 is able to run both monitors at full resolution. >>

... then I recommend you leave the Dell WD19TB connected there, and get a competent modern ThunderBolt dock that supports higher resolutions for Hi-Color displays on a Mac. You are not the first to complain about the shortcomings of this dock when used with a Mac.

Can you connect both displays at their native resolutions directly to your Mac?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 22, 2023 9:30 AM in response to emily_solanki

<< By the way, my Dell Precision 5750 is able to run both monitors at full resolution. >>

... then I recommend you leave the Dell WD19TB connected there, and get a competent modern ThunderBolt dock that supports higher resolutions for Hi-Color displays on a Mac. You are not the first to complain about the shortcomings of this dock when used with a Mac.

Can you connect both displays at their native resolutions directly to your Mac?

Macbook Pro 2019 not showing full resolution with two Dell S2721DS Monitors with Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.