You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pop up side panel

How do I stop a pop-out side panel (advertising)? After I slide it away a muted arrow remains.

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 7:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 10:52 AM

You need to explore multitasking - as you have a slide-over Safari view enabled. Key to accessing and controlling multi-tasking is the small “three-dot” button that is found at the top-centre edge of individual App windows - including the slide-over view.

More information about using multi-tasking can be found in this support page:

Use multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide is also a rich source of information about using iPad and its many features. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 23, 2023 10:52 AM in response to leonie223

You need to explore multitasking - as you have a slide-over Safari view enabled. Key to accessing and controlling multi-tasking is the small “three-dot” button that is found at the top-centre edge of individual App windows - including the slide-over view.

More information about using multi-tasking can be found in this support page:

Use multitasking on your iPad - Apple Support

The iPad User Guide is also a rich source of information about using iPad and its many features. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

Feb 22, 2023 7:45 PM in response to leonie223

leonie223 Said:

"pop up side panel: How do I stop a pop-out side panel (advertising)? After I slide it away a muted arrow remains."

-------

Ridding of Advertisements:

Where are you seeing these advertisements? If a Web site, then know that these advertisements will be seen, unless you pay for the option to block it all out. This is something you would have agreed to upon opening this account.

pop up side panel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.