You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I see large video files in Windows Explorer?

Can someone please explain WHY iPhones don't show video files above 4gb?

Transferring via USB cable is the fastest, most reliable way to transfer large videos when I'm in a time crunch. Literally every other phone I've ever owned is capable of this.

I do not own a mac and have no intention of doing so. Does this mean I am a second class citizen if I don't want to use iCloud? Onedrive is slow and requires data to use and I have bandwidth caps here.

I just want to know why iPhones do this. I am almost certainly getting rid of my iPhone as this basic functionality being kneecapped is completely unacceptable. I spent hours waiting for videos to upload to a cloud storage service when it should have been seconds to transfer and my workflow simply cannot accept this kind of ridiculous delay.

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 23, 2023 7:07 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 23, 2023 7:22 AM in response to scamperly

Well, the iPhone DOES show video files above 4gb, unless the files are corrupt or the transfer method is defective. How are you trying to transfer the files to your iPhone? What points to the problem is that 4GB is the largest number that can be expressed in 32 bits, so if your transfer method is a 32 bit app rather than a 64 bit app it can’t manage the transfer.

Why can't I see large video files in Windows Explorer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.