You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri

What on earth has Apple done to Siri.

She now offers too many options and sounds aggressive.

i used to to ask Siri send a txt and a message would pop up. Now I’m asked if by txt or whatsapp. Where did that come from?

i ask Siri to turn on the lights. All the lights would go on. now Siri asks which room! All, like for the last five years.

No Apple, what have you done?

People how do we limit the options Siri now asks for?

many thanks

Apple TV HD, tvOS 16

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 1:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 3:46 PM

As for sending TXT - you have added WhatsApp, which has Siri integration now. So when you ask Siri to send, it will ask you which one to use. I don't use WhatsApp so I am not sure if there is a way to DISABLE Siri integration, so only the built-in Messages will be used when you ask Siri.

As for the lights, if there is only one HomeKit light bulb, then Siri will automatically select that when you send a command. I assume that you have added more bulbs, in different rooms now - makes sense that Siri will ask which one.

You have to be more specific when commanding Siri, e.g., turn on light in bedroom, or send text message to boss using WhatsApp or Messages.

Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 24, 2023 3:46 PM in response to jmarshmail

As for sending TXT - you have added WhatsApp, which has Siri integration now. So when you ask Siri to send, it will ask you which one to use. I don't use WhatsApp so I am not sure if there is a way to DISABLE Siri integration, so only the built-in Messages will be used when you ask Siri.

As for the lights, if there is only one HomeKit light bulb, then Siri will automatically select that when you send a command. I assume that you have added more bulbs, in different rooms now - makes sense that Siri will ask which one.

You have to be more specific when commanding Siri, e.g., turn on light in bedroom, or send text message to boss using WhatsApp or Messages.

Good luck.

Siri

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.