You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to log into iMessage in MacBook

Hello, I bought a MacBook Air M1, and when I am trying to log into iMessage, after writing my password it starts "loading" and never logs in. I don't know what to do to get into it. iMessages works perfectly fine in my iPhones.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 9:56 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2023 7:01 PM in response to alvaroavs

Hello alvaroavs,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with logging into iMessage on your Mac. The steps in the related article are great for resolving this issue:

"If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime, one of these solutions might help.

When you first set up Messages on your Mac, you're asked to sign in to your iMessage account with your Apple ID. Messages then automatically attempts to sign in every time you open it. Signing in to FaceTime is similar. If either app doesn't sign in successfully, try these solutions. 

Check your internet connection

Make sure that your Mac is connected to the internet. You should be able to load web pages or receive email, for example.

Connect to the internet with your Mac

Check for a service outage

Check for any temporary service outages affecting iMessage or FaceTime.

Apple System Status

Check your Date & Time settings

Make sure that the date, time, and time zone are correct.

Set the date and time on your Mac

Make sure that your software is up to date

Software updates can improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and might also resolve the issue.

Update macOS on your Mac

Check your Apple ID

To make sure that your Apple ID and password are correct, go to the Apple ID account page and sign in with the same Apple ID that you're using with Messages and FaceTime. If you're able to sign in, open the app and take these steps:

• Messages: Choose Messages > Settings (or Preferences), then click Sign Out. Sign in again with the same Apple ID you used on the Apple ID account page.
  • FaceTime: Choose FaceTime > Settings (or Preferences), then click Sign Out. Sign in again with the same Apple ID you used on the Apple ID account page.

Reset NVRAM

In case the issue is related to any of the settings stored in NVRAM:

Reset NVRAM on your Mac

Check for third-party software

If you installed firewall, security, VPN, or other third-party networking software, make sure that the software isn't blocking any of the network ports used by iMessage and FaceTime. If necessary, disable the software and then try using your iMessage account or FaceTime again.

Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues"

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Unable to log into iMessage in MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.