You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete admin user?

I created 3 admin accounts while migrating data on my MacBook Air 2020 but I only want to keep one admin account. I have gone through a lot of solutions but all the solutions were for older version of macOS. I am using macOS Ventura & user interfaces & option are completely changed. Could someone please help me to do this?

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2023 6:24 AM

Never mind, I got it.

I will just add the solution here.

First login as an admin user which you don't want to delete. Then :

> Go to System Settings

> Open Users & Groups

> Click on edit on Network account server

> Authenticate(if asks) & click on "Open Directory Utility"

> Go to Directory Editor

> There will be a lock icon just below Directory Editor text if you have not authenticated just click on it & write the username & password & authenticate

> Scroll down look for Name of the user(not User Name for me it was Rohit Kumar even though my username was different)

> Click on it & check the record name if it matches with the username you want to delete

> There will one "+" & "-" icon at the bottom. Click on "-" & remove.

This is it. Hopefully this will help you. Thanks.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 27, 2023 6:24 AM in response to blissinthedark

Never mind, I got it.

I will just add the solution here.

First login as an admin user which you don't want to delete. Then :

> Go to System Settings

> Open Users & Groups

> Click on edit on Network account server

> Authenticate(if asks) & click on "Open Directory Utility"

> Go to Directory Editor

> There will be a lock icon just below Directory Editor text if you have not authenticated just click on it & write the username & password & authenticate

> Scroll down look for Name of the user(not User Name for me it was Rohit Kumar even though my username was different)

> Click on it & check the record name if it matches with the username you want to delete

> There will one "+" & "-" icon at the bottom. Click on "-" & remove.

This is it. Hopefully this will help you. Thanks.

How to delete admin user?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.