You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why iPhone battery percentage & battery health drain so fast after updating to ios 16.3.1??????

I was really excited when I want to update to ios 16 in September 2022. But after updating, my battery health suddenly drop to 99%. At this time I'm still ok because just 1% drop. On 1/12/2022, battery health drop to 98% after 1 year using 13ProMax. Then, it's still ok. Yesterday (28/2/23) I checked my battery health ady 91%. What the heck is this?! 7% drop within 3 months? Really disappointed with latest ios. Then, I decided to update to latest ios version (28/2/23) which is 16.3.1 since I read positive comment regarding battery drain. Last night before sleep, my battery is 90%. After 2hours (10.24PM) charging, 10% battery drop even I just use it for a while before sleep (12.30PM). When I woke up, battery drop to 73%. 17% drop while sleeping . Screen off also drop so much. Now my battery just have around 40%, I don't think it can last until the end of office hour (5.30PM). I'm not using my phone. I used whatsapp web during working hours. Ios 16 is the worst for me. Not sure how long my battery health can last at 91% if I need to charge twice a day. I really concern with my battery health because it's not cheap to replace it. I bought my phone for almost RM6k, this is how apple appreciate their users?! Before this I used 8+, my battery health after 3 years of using it is still above 90%. I really missed the old iphone which have a long last battery. Before updating to ios 16, my battery can last for 2 to 3 days for 13ProMax. Please solve this problem. Really frustrated with apple now.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 28, 2023 8:19 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 4, 2023 8:33 PM in response to Mincute

16.3 is installed and 16.3.1 has downloaded to my phone but it hasn’t installed yet. In the last 2-3 days I’ve had to charge my phone 3 time throughout the day- before this I would go all day without charging. This is ridiculous!

Yes it’s an older model but it suits my needs…or it was. Is Apple is trying to get me to purchase a newer model by sabotaging this one? I believe we’ve been through this before, not a smart plan!

iphone x

Why iPhone battery percentage & battery health drain so fast after updating to ios 16.3.1??????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.