You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is no hardware choice on my XS iPhone so the directions are no help.

I’m trying to add a new air printer to my iPhone XS. I magically was able to print for about two days and suddenly it quit seeing my phone or maybe my phone quit seeing the printer???

iPhone XS

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 6:23 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 7:48 AM

Hi,

The printer and the iPhone must be connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

You could also try to power cycle the router and the iPhone, in accordance with the following sequence (including the waiting times): Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer, Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 3, 2023 7:48 AM in response to BecGober

Hi,

The printer and the iPhone must be connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

You could also try to power cycle the router and the iPhone, in accordance with the following sequence (including the waiting times): Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the iPhone, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer, Wait a minute or two. Power on the iPhone. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

There is no hardware choice on my XS iPhone so the directions are no help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.