You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i can not access my back up, from my computer

i bought a new iPhone and backed up to my computer, now i can not download my information to my new iphone because there is not enough space on my new iphone, but, i had the 128 before and bough an 128gb memory, how can i do this?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 1, 2023 11:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 2, 2023 12:39 AM

If you still have your old iPhone, can you reduce the data saved on the phone, for example by transferring the photos to your computer and deleting them from your device after that?

Then create a new backup and try again.

If you are using iCloud Photos, make sure to backup those photos first, deleting them from you iPhone will also delete them in iCloud, if your device connects to iCloud after erasing the photos in the photo app.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 2, 2023 12:39 AM in response to silvanacaldera

If you still have your old iPhone, can you reduce the data saved on the phone, for example by transferring the photos to your computer and deleting them from your device after that?

Then create a new backup and try again.

If you are using iCloud Photos, make sure to backup those photos first, deleting them from you iPhone will also delete them in iCloud, if your device connects to iCloud after erasing the photos in the photo app.

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

i can not access my back up, from my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.