You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Dock Unread Count

Hi folks. My app won't keep the preference for what unread count to display in the dock icon. I keep setting Dock unread count to a specific mailbox, but it won't stick. I've set it, quit the app, restarted, and it goes back to Inbox.

How can I purge this setting so that it can take hold and behave properly?

Cheers

Mac mini (2023 with M2)

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 1:53 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 4:43 PM

Hello BioRich,

We would like to see how we can help you with the Dock unread account. Which version of macOS are you currently running? Are you following the steps in this link when setting that count: Change General settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

"Choose which mailboxes to include in the count of unread messages (the red circle, called a badge, that’s shown on the Mail icon in the Dock).

The count appears only if “Badge app icon” is selected for Mail in Notifications settings. To open Notifications settings, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Notifications in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)"

Get back to us with these details, and we can go from there.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 6, 2023 4:43 PM in response to BioRich

Hello BioRich,

We would like to see how we can help you with the Dock unread account. Which version of macOS are you currently running? Are you following the steps in this link when setting that count: Change General settings in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

"Choose which mailboxes to include in the count of unread messages (the red circle, called a badge, that’s shown on the Mail icon in the Dock).

The count appears only if “Badge app icon” is selected for Mail in Notifications settings. To open Notifications settings, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Notifications in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)"

Get back to us with these details, and we can go from there.

Cheers!

Mail Dock Unread Count

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.