You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I logged into gmail using my browser and changed my pword. When I went to use my Apple email on my Mac, I got the error message ‘cannot send message using the server Google’. Then I got the pop up message ‘ Google password required’ I chose continue

When I try to update my gmail password so I can use my Apple mail on my Mac, I get an error message “ Error 400: invalid request - you can’t sign into this app because it doesn’t comply with Googles 0Auth 2.0 policy for keeping apps secure.” So now I can’t use my email on my Mac. How do I fix this?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 10:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 11:12 AM

Katwoman1934 wrote:

When I try to update my gmail password so I can use my Apple mail on my Mac, I get an error message “ Error 400: invalid request - you can’t sign into this app because it doesn’t comply with Googles 0Auth 2.0 policy for keeping apps secure.” So now I can’t use my email on my Mac. How do I fix this?

Get with google support on how you can comply with policy in order to use their mail account.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 6, 2023 11:12 AM in response to Katwoman1934

Katwoman1934 wrote:

Get with google support on how you can comply with policy in order to use their mail account.

I logged into gmail using my browser and changed my pword. When I went to use my Apple email on my Mac, I got the error message ‘cannot send message using the server Google’. Then I got the pop up message ‘ Google password required’ I chose continue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.