You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage switching from individual to family

How do I make sure my photos will automatically be stored in family shared 2TB iCloud account once my individual iCloud account expires?

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 3:09 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 3:15 PM

Your photos and other data stay where they are and continue to be accessed using your Apple ID the same way they always were. The only things that change are the amount of storage available and the billing.

Also see Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support including the excerpt below:

When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 6, 2023 3:15 PM in response to mona771

Your photos and other data stay where they are and continue to be accessed using your Apple ID the same way they always were. The only things that change are the amount of storage available and the billing.

Also see Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support including the excerpt below:

When you share an iCloud+ subscription, everyone in the family group uses their own account. That way your photos, documents, and other information stay private, even though you're sharing access to the service. You simply share the features and space available in iCloud+ with your family members, so you only have one plan to manage.

iCloud storage switching from individual to family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.