You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook Author to Pages

I have the iBook Author App for a long time-it seems. I did not know it was going to be extinct. My father gave me a bunch of information before he died & asked me to put it together for my siblings and my family.

I started out in iBook Author and just picked his notes up again last week. I think I've read all I can find on sending my IBA stuff to pages and I cannot figure this out (Pages User Guide For Mac). I want to get my "Book for Dad's Story" over to Pages I guess. Right now I cannot print, preview or spell-check my documents on IBA. Pages Support says I will loose some things with the transfer to Pages (Snap! my IBA book looks good. I don't want to publish to digital - I want a paper copy. What can I do please?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 6, 2023 5:46 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 9:23 AM

Apple did not implement iBooks Author functionality in Pages, but just provides a means to open most well-behaved .iba files in Pages after v10.1 without most of the frills in iBooks Author.

See Transition from iBooks Author to Pages - Apple Support

I have IBooks Author on Ventura 13.2.1 and it still works… I just generated a short test .iba. Like Pages, it has the ability to print, so if all you want is a paper copy, there is no need to involve Pages.

When I open a test .iba in Pages by right-clicking on it in the Finder and choosing open with Pages, it will initially prompt for a location to save the cover image, and then the .iba is converted to .pages.

There is no conversion of an EPUB-based .ibook to Pages though.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 7, 2023 9:23 AM in response to golden2

Apple did not implement iBooks Author functionality in Pages, but just provides a means to open most well-behaved .iba files in Pages after v10.1 without most of the frills in iBooks Author.

See Transition from iBooks Author to Pages - Apple Support

I have IBooks Author on Ventura 13.2.1 and it still works… I just generated a short test .iba. Like Pages, it has the ability to print, so if all you want is a paper copy, there is no need to involve Pages.

When I open a test .iba in Pages by right-clicking on it in the Finder and choosing open with Pages, it will initially prompt for a location to save the cover image, and then the .iba is converted to .pages.

There is no conversion of an EPUB-based .ibook to Pages though.

iBook Author to Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.