You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I or How can I get a purchased app i bought off my old iphone/apple id account to use it and not have to buy it again on my new phone?

I recently bought me a brand new iphone, w/ a new number and all. My old apple id i cant get into because the iphone completely quit working so Idk how to get the icloud account off it and be able to login on my new phone w/ the old apple id i had. So when i bought and got my brand new number and all w this new phone i just made a brand new icloud/apple id account to go along w/ it. Well I had bought a very expensive app for the whole year and i want to be able to use it on my iphone and account and it not go to waste.... I bought a whole year subscription for that app too! Is there a way i can transfer and be able to use that one app particularly on my new iphone???? I dont want anything else on my new iphone that i had om my old one rly but that one particular app.. HELP?!

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 7:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 8, 2023 7:21 PM

You don't really need to get your ID off the old phone (particularly since you say you cannot anyway), simply set up the new one with your old ID. Read the support article: Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Apps are permanently tied to the ID used to buy them originally. Your only option would be to set up Family Sharing with the old account and hope the app allows it so be shared.

To learn how to set up Family Sharing, read this support article --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 8, 2023 7:21 PM in response to wickedwildboy

You don't really need to get your ID off the old phone (particularly since you say you cannot anyway), simply set up the new one with your old ID. Read the support article: Set up your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Apps are permanently tied to the ID used to buy them originally. Your only option would be to set up Family Sharing with the old account and hope the app allows it so be shared.

To learn how to set up Family Sharing, read this support article --> Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

Mar 8, 2023 7:45 PM in response to Limnos

I cant sign in with my old apple id on my new iphone because it asks me for verification of some sort i think i remember( like 2step) so it'll send my old number and phone a security code for me to get, and i dont have access or cant see anything for that matter on the old one>.... So how can i go about getting around that part? If nothing, share me a link showing how to do the family share with that but even if i did that, how would i be able to get and approve or accept it from my old number and phone if i cant do nothing at all with the old phone???

Mar 13, 2023 7:45 PM in response to wickedwildboy

If you find you can’t sign in or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery ( How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity.

Can I or How can I get a purchased app i bought off my old iphone/apple id account to use it and not have to buy it again on my new phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.