You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon prime downloads

Where do amazon prime video downloads go. The whole point is to view when you have no internet connection. I can only find them in the actual app which only opens with internet connection

iPhone 14 Plus, 16

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 4:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 5:55 PM

I cannot do that. Without an Internet connection the app does not open at all - not even to a download page. I will have to contact Amazon Prime. Good luck to me. I never like contacting them for support. I seem to get more confused. thanks

11 replies

Mar 9, 2023 5:41 PM in response to adrienne1026

You're right, that's how I understand that concept as well. According to their Amazon Prime, you are also supposed to be able to download content to your app so that you can watch it offline, for example on a flight.

Yes, but that's how it works on most apps. I'm afraid it's the Amazon Prime app that has the bug, and not iOS itself. A final attempt could be for you to delete the app - and download it again. This will delete your downloaded content, which you will then have to download again while you are online.

If that doesn't work, then you need to contact Amazon Prime customer support.

Mar 9, 2023 5:52 PM in response to adrienne1026

I have Amazon Prime and I use the app in flights. There is no bug, it works like it should. Download whatever video you want, it appears under Downloads, and watch them at your leisure without an internet connection. Are you not able to do this?

Try it and see. Download a short video, then turn Airplane Mode on, turn Wi-Fi off (both from the Control Center), then open the Amazon app. Yes it will tell you that you don't have an internet connection (and thus cannot shop), ignore that and click on the Download link on the right. Watch the video at will. I just did, it works.

Mar 9, 2023 5:07 PM in response to adrienne1026

When you download, for example, a movie for offline use from a streaming service, the content will always be downloaded in the app, and not outside the app. So the movie or series must be played in the Amazon Prime app.

When you download movies or series from the Amazon app for offline use, there should ideally be a tap called Downloads in the app. If you find that the app won't open when you're offline, try closing the app completely by swiping up to the center of the screen and swiping the Amazon app up and away.

Also, make sure the app is fully updated. Open the App Store to check for updates.

Useful link if you are unsure how to update apps:

How to manually update apps on your Apple device - Apple Support

Mar 9, 2023 5:34 PM in response to Community User

Thank you I understand. I just assumed that when I downloaded a Prime show it would be accessible without internet connection. Isn’t that the point 😀. I like the apple+ app because even if you are off line the app opens to the download screen where any shows you downloaded appear. Podcast App also works the same way. I did open and close the Amazon Prime app but none of the app opens. All my apps are up to date.

Mar 9, 2023 6:03 PM in response to adrienne1026

They are not likely to help you with this. I think you are using the wrong app. There is an Amazon app and there is a Prime Video app. You need the Prime Video app. I have both.

Do a Forced Restart on your iPhone, after it restarts download the Prime Video app from the Apple App Store, log in to it, and try again. There is nothing wrong with the app or iOS 16.

Amazon prime downloads

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.