You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos on Mac not synching.

I am using iCloud photos with my devices. On my mac, below the total number of photos and videos, it says "443 Items on This Mac Only." It doesn't give me any indication of which they are or how to synch them. The message hasn't changed in weeks.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 1:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 11:23 PM

The "unable to upload" smart album does not show all problematic items.

"On this Mac only" usually refers to referenced items, photos or videos that have not been copied into the photos library.

You may also test with a smart album with the rule "Photo is referenced". Is this album also empty?

If not, proceed as described here: Check the status of your library in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

The message could also mean items with missing originals.

If all fails you may need to test all items in your library, if you can import the original image files into another library, created for testing, see: How to Weed out Legacy Media in Photos for Mac - Apple Community

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 16, 2023 11:23 PM in response to HistoryWes

The "unable to upload" smart album does not show all problematic items.

"On this Mac only" usually refers to referenced items, photos or videos that have not been copied into the photos library.

You may also test with a smart album with the rule "Photo is referenced". Is this album also empty?

If not, proceed as described here: Check the status of your library in Photos for macOS - Apple Support

The message could also mean items with missing originals.

If all fails you may need to test all items in your library, if you can import the original image files into another library, created for testing, see: How to Weed out Legacy Media in Photos for Mac - Apple Community

Photos on Mac not synching.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.