You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! I deleted all my fonts via the terminal.app

Hello!

I was trying to find a way to clear the font cache on my mac, and stumbled upon this thread Clear fontbook cache - Apple Community

I added the text in the terminal app and realised that I had deleted all my fonts from my mac!!!

Is there a way to get them back?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro (M2 Max, 2023)

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 6:25 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 3:50 PM

Hi there,

See this on how to get your fonts back

1. Double-click the font in the Finder.
  2. Click Install in the font preview window that opens. The font then appears in the Font Book app, and is available for use in your apps.

If you want the fonts you install to also be available to other user accounts on your Mac, use Font Book settings to set the default install location.

Install or remove fonts on your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 16, 2023 3:50 PM in response to aidabedran

Hi there,

See this on how to get your fonts back

1. Double-click the font in the Finder.
  2. Click Install in the font preview window that opens. The font then appears in the Font Book app, and is available for use in your apps.

If you want the fonts you install to also be available to other user accounts on your Mac, use Font Book settings to set the default install location.

Install or remove fonts on your Mac - Apple Support

Help! I deleted all my fonts via the terminal.app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.