You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weird standing time calculation by Apple Watch

Hi! Super happy owner of an Apple Watch 7. I seem to be having a lot more time as standing than I actually do. And I came across this example with pretty much shows it: not even 20 minutes into a new day I already have 1 hour standing. How can that be? Thanks in advance!

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 10:48 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 12:02 AM

Standing up 1 minute during one hour will count as standing up:

Apple Watch - Close Your Rings - Apple

The Stand ring shows hours in which you've stood and moved for at least a minute. Complete your daily Stand goal by standing up and moving around for at least 1 minute during 12 different hours in the day. Even if you stand all day, you still need to move around to earn credit for standing.

copied from: Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 16, 2023 12:02 AM in response to CoolDudePT

Standing up 1 minute during one hour will count as standing up:

Apple Watch - Close Your Rings - Apple

The Stand ring shows hours in which you've stood and moved for at least a minute. Complete your daily Stand goal by standing up and moving around for at least 1 minute during 12 different hours in the day. Even if you stand all day, you still need to move around to earn credit for standing.

copied from: Use the Activity app on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Weird standing time calculation by Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.