You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen time settings a joke

What is going on??!! I set screen time settings on my kids' phone and nothing stays! App limits disappear, the time I set for an app limit simply doesn't work, website restrictions become unlimited. Settings are toggles off! I sat there last night and tested the app limit for Tik Tok. I set it to 1 min. Went on daughter's phone, watched tik tok as long as a I wanted. I even tested changing screen time settings on HER phone and yes it asks for my screen time passcode. Apple makes it extremely difficult to help us protect our kids.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 6:15 AM

1 reply

Mar 19, 2023 11:12 AM in response to MjMjBelle

Hello MjMjBelle,

Without more information, it may be hard to provide a solution to this issue with Screen Time. To learn more, which devices are being used between the parents and children in this Family Sharing group? What exactly isn't working with Screen Time (only App Limits)? Which Screen Time features do you have enabled? That will ensure we're more on the same page with what you'd expected to happen.

You'd need to make sure that these devices are completely up to date. If you're using an iPhone, then start with these steps to update the iPhone: Update your iPhone or iPad

Then make sure it's set up to work on both devices: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

It's also important to note not to set a passcode that your children may know. If they know the current Screen Time passcode, then you'd need to reset it: If you forgot your Screen Time passcode - Apple Support

Hoping to hear back.

Take care.

screen time settings a joke

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.