You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura won't allow CF card to be read

1. I use a Canon 5D Mark IV, which has slots for CF card and SDXC. The SD card is read just fine on my brand new MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.2, but the CF card using two different card readers gives problems. The CF card appears to mount, and I can navigate to the photos, then I suddenly get a spinning pinwheel, and then the card auto-ejects, with an error message stating that the "Disk Not Ejected Properly."
  2. The camera itself also won't mount on the new computer. It doesn't appear in finder or in Canon's EOS Utility software. To get the images from the CF card, I had to physically connect my 5D Mark IV to my old computer (MacBook Pro 2015 running Catalina) and download the pictures to my old device using Canon EOS utility. This is a short term work around for me, but doesn't make sense for the long run. If the new computer were my only device, I'd be mighty frustrated right now.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 9:37 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Ventura won't allow CF card to be read

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.