You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Tab Groups

Creating tab groups in Safari … does doing so avoid signing in every time ?

Are they similar to bookmarks folders ? Where will the tab group be displayed ?

While browsing , can I save my place / page , in other words , I tap on a question and then go back … the posts start all over again . More filters like by date , etc. ?

🌐

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 6:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 12:01 PM

SteelCityAnne wrote:

I meant that if I leave the browsing page to answer a question in this community , when I come back , the results page starts from the beginning ( 1st post) again … not that important .

If you command-click on the link to the question, you can have it open in a new tab. That leaves the original page undisturbed. I find it much easier that way.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 22, 2023 12:01 PM in response to SteelCityAnne

SteelCityAnne wrote:

I meant that if I leave the browsing page to answer a question in this community , when I come back , the results page starts from the beginning ( 1st post) again … not that important .

If you command-click on the link to the question, you can have it open in a new tab. That leaves the original page undisturbed. I find it much easier that way.

Mar 22, 2023 8:55 AM in response to SteelCityAnne

SteelCityAnne wrote:

Creating tab groups in Safari … does doing so avoid signing in every time ?

That is going to depend on the website. Some websites log you out as soon as you close out of the site. Some log you out after a certain period of time. Creating a tab group will not change that in any way.

While browsing , can I save my place / page , in other words , I tap on a question and then go back … the posts start all over again . More filters like by date , etc. ?

Are you talking about a particular site? What do you mean "the posts start over again"? Is this while you are typing in a field? Or something else. I don't know that it's possible to filter tab groups in anyway.

Mar 22, 2023 6:56 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Yes , have the link open in a new tab , that will eliminate most of my grief . I found some directions on " creating a tab group " … now I know that all of the tabs in the group need to be open before selecting " new tab group " . I regret not looking for answers first , I played with it until I was totally agitated , then I came here .

Thank you Idris , once again . Kudos to you for all of your contributions here in this community for such a long time .

🧐

Safari Tab Groups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.