You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is is the solution to my Face ID

how can I use my Face ID

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 9:30 AM

3 replies

Apr 19, 2023 4:51 AM in response to gbenga16

If you are experiencing difficulties with FaceID, depending upon the nature of the problem, you will either need to reset FaceID on your iPhone/iPad, or seek repair.

Start here:

If an alert says Face ID has been disabled on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

Assuming that your issue is not hardware related, you can reset FaceID from device settings:

Settings > FaceID & Passcode > Reset FaceID

The reset will require you to re-register your appearance.

Should you have a hardware issue, you would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPhone/iPad. If repair is required, you’ll be in the best possible place to explore your available options:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

What is is the solution to my Face ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.