You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I buy an iPad in the US, can I buy AppleCare separately in France?

I am planning on buying an I Pad Air from USA but I reside in France. Will it be possible to buy Apple Care from the Apple Store in France within a few days of the purchase? I am not buying Apple Care along with the I Pad in the US as that may not be valid in France. Any help in this matter will be appreciated. Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 4:34 PM

3 replies

Mar 22, 2023 4:59 PM in response to amlasap

AppleCare+ plans are only honoured within the country of purchase. As such, and AppleCare+ plan purchased within the US will not be honoured by Apple in Europe.

You may wish to reconsider purchase of your iPad in the US - as your iPad will be limited to Apple’s limited one-year warranty. If purchased within any EU Member State, such as France, you will have much stronger warranty rights of at least two years - that will be honoured within any EU Member State.

If I buy an iPad in the US, can I buy AppleCare separately in France?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.