You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume is very low when using maps/navigation in CarPlay

Is there anyway to increase the navigation directions volume when using CarPlay? The volume of Spotify is fine, the phone is fine, but I can barely hear directions.

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 10:07 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 1:24 PM

Yes, try it. It has worked in my car. It's like the music has one volume, voice and navigation have another, and calls have a third volume.

Ask Siri to tell a joke to make her talk longer. While she is talking, you set the volume by turning up the volume in the car on the steering wheel, or via the car stereo, and again, remember your iPhone must be connected to CarPlay when you do it.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 23, 2023 1:24 PM in response to RN_1976

Yes, try it. It has worked in my car. It's like the music has one volume, voice and navigation have another, and calls have a third volume.

Ask Siri to tell a joke to make her talk longer. While she is talking, you set the volume by turning up the volume in the car on the steering wheel, or via the car stereo, and again, remember your iPhone must be connected to CarPlay when you do it.

Mar 23, 2023 11:20 AM in response to RN_1976

Try this. Siri and Navigation Voice are connected. Activate Siri when connected to CarPlay. When she answers again, you turn up the volume for a suitable volume. Subsequently, the navigation voice should have the same volume.

Volume is very low when using maps/navigation in CarPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.