You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change folder colour

Hi,

i've been following tutorials online but can't get past the 'new from clipboard' part. I'm finding it impossible to change the colour of the folders and it would be seriously helpful for me to have different coloured folders. Not folder images, just colours to help me organise better. My mind just goes black seeing a massive wall of blue folders. I'm so surprised Apple haven't done this, especially with all the people who use their computers that need extra aids like this to help organise their work better.

Many thanks, best wishes

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 1:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 5:14 AM

walker1203 wrote:

Hi,

i've been following tutorials online but can't get past the 'new from clipboard' part. I'm finding it impossible to change the colour of the folders and it would be seriously helpful for me to have different coloured folders. Not folder images, just colours to help me organise better

. My mind just goes black seeing a massive wall of blue folders. I'm so surprised Apple haven't done this, especially with all the people who use their computers that need extra aids like this to help organise their work better.

Many thanks, best wishes

Apple has implemented the use of Tags...

Use tags to organize files on Mac - Apple Support

To be proactive you can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2023 5:14 AM in response to walker1203

walker1203 wrote:

Hi,

i've been following tutorials online but can't get past the 'new from clipboard' part. I'm finding it impossible to change the colour of the folders and it would be seriously helpful for me to have different coloured folders. Not folder images, just colours to help me organise better

. My mind just goes black seeing a massive wall of blue folders. I'm so surprised Apple haven't done this, especially with all the people who use their computers that need extra aids like this to help organise their work better.

Many thanks, best wishes

Apple has implemented the use of Tags...

Use tags to organize files on Mac - Apple Support

To be proactive you can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Change folder colour

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.