You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to turn off the two-factor authentication?

how to turn off the two-factor authentication? Trying to get my icloud email on the hotmail icon in task bar, and it keeps giving me a crazy error code, or tells me its out of date, it will not allow me to use that email. The information I have was to turn off the two factor Auth .

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 1:19 PM

For information about turning off Apple two-factor authentication, see the following from: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

To get iCloud email in a 3rd party (non-Apple) app, use an app-specific password rather than your usual Apple password. See information in Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2023 1:19 PM in response to SassyMicki

For information about turning off Apple two-factor authentication, see the following from: Two-factor authentication for Apple ID - Apple Support

If you're already using two-factor authentication with your Apple ID, you can't turn it off. If you updated to two-factor authentication inadvertently, you can turn it off within two weeks of enrollment. If you do, your account is less secure and you can't use features that require a higher level of security.

To get iCloud email in a 3rd party (non-Apple) app, use an app-specific password rather than your usual Apple password. See information in Sign in to apps with your Apple ID using app-specific passwords - Apple Support

how to turn off the two-factor authentication?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.