You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Display continues to darken in daylight

My new IPhone 14 has not had problems until recently where if I go outside into daylight the screen dims such that I cannot see the screen. I have to try and maneuver into settings to manually adjust. I have turned off both the options for auto brightness. Has not helped at all.

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 5:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 5:42 PM

If the phone gets too hot from sun exposure the display will dim to keep the phone’s internal temperature in a safe range.

Also, there is a setting for Attention Aware Features. If this is on the screen will dim when you are not directly looking at it. You can turn this off in Settings/Accessibility or Settings/FaceID & Passcode (it’s the same setting in either location).

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 24, 2023 5:42 PM in response to iPhone_bug

If the phone gets too hot from sun exposure the display will dim to keep the phone’s internal temperature in a safe range.

Also, there is a setting for Attention Aware Features. If this is on the screen will dim when you are not directly looking at it. You can turn this off in Settings/Accessibility or Settings/FaceID & Passcode (it’s the same setting in either location).

Display continues to darken in daylight

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.