You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you help me uninstall and software?

I can not longer uninstall a software?

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 8:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 8:51 PM

gsp_1250 Said:

"I cannot delete/uninstall the app because I keep getting a message saying that it’s “open” but the app is already closed/ended from tasks"

-------

Check Force Quit:

See if any applications are open. If that is the case, save what need be (if possible), and then Force Quit them one at a time.

1. Go To: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: An Item Ending in: “Not Responding
  4. Click: Force Quit button
7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 25, 2023 8:51 PM in response to gsp_1250

gsp_1250 Said:

"I cannot delete/uninstall the app because I keep getting a message saying that it’s “open” but the app is already closed/ended from tasks"

-------

Check Force Quit:

See if any applications are open. If that is the case, save what need be (if possible), and then Force Quit them one at a time.

1. Go To: Apple Menu
  2. Select: Force Quit...
  3. Select: An Item Ending in: “Not Responding
  4. Click: Force Quit button

Mar 25, 2023 8:49 PM in response to gsp_1250

gsp_1250 wrote:

I cannot delete/uninstall the app because I keep getting a message saying that it’s “open” but the app is already closed/ended from tasks

What is the app? Please. What is the app? Some apps have specific app-removal sequences.

In general, boot into Safe Mode, and try deleting there:

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

But again, which app this is matters, as some apps have (for instance) app removal tools.

Can you help me uninstall and software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.