You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No updates available on my MacBook Pro

Hello,

Here are my MacBook details:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

It currently runs on macOs Sierra 10.12.6, and the problem is that I cannot update it to a later version. When I click software update and try to pull updated, I receive the message "No Updates Available".

Please note, I tried to remove app store cache and restart the system, but without much success.

Additionally, I have recently done factory reset and I'm not sure if this is related.

I'm looking forward to get this issue fixed. Thanks in advance for any answers.

Armine,

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 2:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 3:24 PM

An mid 2015 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the latest version of Monterey macOS 12 but no later. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

Be aware that if you upgrade to Catalina 10.15 or later you will also need to update any non-Apple 32-bit apps. See: https://www.macworld.com/article/232735/how-to-check-if-mac-software-is-32-or-64-bit.html

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2023 3:24 PM in response to armine70

An mid 2015 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the latest version of Monterey macOS 12 but no later. See: How to download macOS - Apple Support

Be aware that if you upgrade to Catalina 10.15 or later you will also need to update any non-Apple 32-bit apps. See: https://www.macworld.com/article/232735/how-to-check-if-mac-software-is-32-or-64-bit.html

No updates available on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.