You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The file itunes library .itl can not be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes. What to do now?

i downloaded and installed itunes on my windows laptop. When I try to open itunes a window pops up. The file itunes library.itl can not be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes. Well that is good to know, but what is not mentioned is who to fix the issue.

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 12:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 10:49 AM

See Empty/corrupt iTunes library after upgrade/crash - Apple Community. You may need to install the most recent version of iTunes, or explicitly choose the correct library, or restore an older backup of your database.

tt2

1 reply

The file itunes library .itl can not be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes. What to do now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.