You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Song length information across bottom of screen in Music is missing. How do I get it to show up again?

I just did a system update and now in Music the song and selected songs information, including time duration, is missing from across the bottom of the screen. How can I get it to show up again?

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 2:44 PM

5 replies

Mar 29, 2023 11:39 AM in response to cdrumm

Fortunately for me I can access the status bar on another user screen, where I create the playlists that get burned to CD for joining tracks to upload to Mixcloud. It's actually better to get the time-stamping information from the playlist rather than the CD burned from it. I'm unable to join tracks on the platform the CD is burned because the Music App for some reason won't show the CD after it gets burned. I have to unplug and re-plug the USB drive to eject it. After that I can't burn any more CDs until a whole new session. That's another thing I had to come up with a work-around that is actually an improvement. The other user screen is needed be able to join the tracks for upload as a continuous hourlong track. Also, a second user screen is needed to import CDs to my Music Library. Having to create audio files with a library on one hard drive and drag them over to the larger library on the larger hard-drive automatically leaves a back-up copy on the smaller hard-drive. So that obstacle, at least for now, was overcome felicitously, as the obstacle that caused me consternation and gobbled up half my day yesterday has been. The new way is actually the better way, and it looks like I can stick with and not even do time-stamping from CDs. But the playlist has to be in the larger user library, because the playlists in the smaller library only show times to the minute, not to the second. Go figure why this is!

[Link Edited by Moderator]

Mar 29, 2023 4:37 PM in response to ed2345

Thanks, Ed. I figured maybe if I tried to describe some of the strange behaviors my Mini displays someone with a clue to what might be going on might have an easy fix. Or tell me it's not just me.

But no Target Mode or Terminal activity for Level 1, 4 points me. I'm managing well enough, at least so far. Sometimes it's fun finding a better work-around when some feature goes missing.

Song length information across bottom of screen in Music is missing. How do I get it to show up again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.