You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new IMac 24-inch desktop running OS Ventura will not go to sleep when directed. It goes to sleep for a second and then immediately wakes up. I'm an experiencenced IMac user of 7 years and have never had this problem before. Any suggestions?

My new IMac 24-inch desktop running OS Ventura will not go to sleep when directed. It goes to sleep for a second and then immediately wakes up. I am an experienced IMac user of 7 years and never had this problem before. Any suggestions on how to make it stay asleep?

iMac 24″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 1:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 2:26 PM

I also had that happen before and I found it was an App waking up my Mac. You can go to Utilities, activity monitor and it will show apps that can keep your Mac from sleeping or possibly waking up. However, it may not show the the correct one. What I did was to close out any app that I thought was running in the background until I found the culprit. Also, be sure you do not have the box checked that states to wake for network access in the energy saver section.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 1, 2023 2:26 PM in response to Bob of Elkridge

I also had that happen before and I found it was an App waking up my Mac. You can go to Utilities, activity monitor and it will show apps that can keep your Mac from sleeping or possibly waking up. However, it may not show the the correct one. What I did was to close out any app that I thought was running in the background until I found the culprit. Also, be sure you do not have the box checked that states to wake for network access in the energy saver section.

My new IMac 24-inch desktop running OS Ventura will not go to sleep when directed. It goes to sleep for a second and then immediately wakes up. I'm an experiencenced IMac user of 7 years and have never had this problem before. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.