You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes App and Pencil Glitch (iPad 9th Gen)

After writing maybe one or two swipes down into the notes app, the pencil begins to be unresponsive and tends to start glitching, but only when writing. When it comes to erasing or using the lasso tool, it works just fine. It is super inconvenient when I have to write several different notes for one subject, and now it is beginning to glitch more and more with less writing.

I have a 9th-generation iPad (not Pro) and the corresponding Apple pencil. Both are fully charged and up to date. The Notes App is also updated. The issue only occurs in the Notes App (I also use Procreate and GoodNotes).

What is causing this issue?

iPad (9th generation)

Posted on Apr 1, 2023 2:40 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 5, 2023 12:41 PM in response to coffeeday

Hi there coffeeday,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

We understand you're experiencing an issue where your Apple Pencil lags when using the Notes app. We're happy to help.

It's great your iPad is updated. If you've restarted the iPad and are still experiencing the issue, we recommend getting in touch with Apple Support for additional troubleshooting: Contact Apple Support

Take care.

Notes App and Pencil Glitch (iPad 9th Gen)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.