You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod stops playing music

The last few days, I will be playing music that Siri says is a station for me, and after a while it stops playing.

This is something new. I used to be able to touch it to stop music when I go to bed, and touch it to start it the next day and it would never stop on its own.

How do I trace down what is causing this problem?

HomePod

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 6:42 AM

6 replies

Apr 11, 2023 6:48 AM in response to howardfromlafayette

Last night I tried running music on my HomePod from my iMac. I told my Mac's Siri to play music that I like. It was set up to play on my HomePod and played. My Mac's Music app showed it playing. I opened the Home app on my phone and it was showing that song as well. After a couple of hours, I noticed the music had stopped. I went to my bedroom and saw the HomePod was dark. I went back to my Mac and it was stuck at the start of a song, my phone was stuck at the end of a song. Pressing "=" didn't do anything. I quit and restarted Music and it worked again.

HomePod stops playing music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.